Today marks 16 years with type 1 diabetes, Sweet Sixteen.
In honor of this day, here are 16 of my favorite sweets from the past year. Yes, I can eat that.
1.This birthday cupcake from my birthday last week.
2. This doughnut that looks like a pizza!
3. My first visit to Chick-fil-A with a delicious cookies and cream milkshake.
4. Amazing doughnuts from a local bakery that I brought to my family’s Father’s Day gathering yesterday.
5. A bacon glazed mini doughnut. Can’t go wrong with bacon.
6. Bonuts (biscuit doughnuts) and a biscuit with chocolate gravy, peanut butter, banana jam, and pretzels from Biscuit Love in Nashville.
7. Brown butter almond brittle and bramble berry crisp ice cream from Jeni’s Splendid Ice Cream. I dream about this ice cream.
8. A seven layer birthday cake. Layers of vanilla cake with whipped chocolate buttercream in between covered in more chocolate and frosting.
9. These biscuits with jam from Loveless Cafe in Nashville.
10. Holiday cookies that I decorated 🙂
11. I hosted a popcorn potluck party and people brought the most amazing flavors including Oreo, white chocolate lemon, and puppy chow!
12. Monstrous piece of chocolate cake! And plenty of people to help share!
13. Delicious Thai ice tea flavored Popsicle!
14. Went to a local tea shop for a full English tea and had the most amazing scones, macarons, and petit fours.
15. For the Jewish holiday of Purim, my friend and I made cookie butter filled hamantashens with dark chocolate drizzle and sea salt.
16. Delicious margarita. Cheers to 16 years. Although hopefully soon there will be a cure and I won’t have many more diaversaries to recognize.